Do you dream of rats? Do you wonder what rats mean in your dreams? Do you want to know what they symbolize?
People dream of rats more often than you think. Not that there’s anything wrong with rats. But in the general sense, they are not a topic of conversation that most people would bring up over dinner.
But what if I told you that seeing rats in your dreams is a sign of good luck ? Also, how would you feel if I said that rat dreams have psychological and spiritual meaning ?
That’s where dream interpretation comes into play. If you have an open mind, dreams can be an amazing pathway into the subconscious, revealing your hopes, fears, and desires for the future.
In the spiritual sense, dreams, like those of rats, can mean something sacred . But they can also be symbolic of something sinister and dark. It just depends on your belief system.
I’m going to be honest and tell you that I don’t have all the answers. But I can assure you that rats do not appear in dreams “just because” .
They symbolize something happening in your life, projected onto the mental canvas of your mind.
Now it is time to explore the different scenarios in which rats manifest in dreams. Again, it is critical that you consider your own reactions to these animals before assigning meaning .
Psychologically, dreams about rats can represent something negative, such as depressed mood or low self-esteem. But they can also talk about something positive, like surviving a difficult life event or getting over the death of a loved one.
It goes without saying that cultural beliefs are a very important part of the equation.
Related Article: What does dreaming with spiders mean?
Table of Contents
- 1 What does it mean to dream of a dead rat?
- 2 What does it mean to dream of rats that bite or scratch you?
- 3 What does it mean to dream of rats that are chasing you?
- 4 What does it mean to dream with rats that climb on you?
- 5 What does it mean to dream with rats running?
- 6 What do the colors mean when you dream of rats?
- 7 What do sizes mean in dreams with rats?
What does it mean to dream of a dead rat?
If you see a dead rat in your dream, it could mean the following:
- Fears about a recent situation in your life.
- The end of a friendship with someone close.
- Fear of a co-worker who may have power over your job.
- Concerns about being found out for something you are hiding.
- A secret you’re keeping that may be exposed to the world.
- A spiritual message beyond that, the death of a loved one.
What does it mean to dream of rats that bite or scratch you?
Are your dreams about rats the kind that include biting or scratching? This is what they could mean:
- Fear that someone will look for you.
- Symbolic of someone trying to get your attention.
- Illness concerns
- If a rat bites you in a dream, it can symbolize someone you are afraid of.
- If a rat scratches you in a dream, it may represent a problem in your life that you do not pay enough attention to.
- Nibbling rats speak of financial worries.
- When a rat bites your hand in a dream, it can symbolize a friend or family member who betrayed you.
- If you dream of a rat biting you in the bathtub, it could be related to fears of being seen naked.
What does it mean to dream of rats that are chasing you ?
Did you have a dream about many rats chasing you? If so, this may mean:
- Deep anxiety about your personal or financial security.
- Fears of not being able to overcome a problem in your life.
- Problems that threaten life and health.
- Fear of death.
- Concerns about being betrayed by someone close.
- Fears, uncertainties and doubts about a past decision.
- Subconscious fears of disloyalty.
- Feeling guilty about something from your past.
- Deeply concerned about being rejected by a lover or sexual partner.
What does it mean to dream with rats that climb on you?
One of the scariest dreams is that rats are on you. This could mean the following:
- A loss of control over your health.
- If you dream that you find rats under your sheets and they climb on you, it could be due to concerns about a cheating partner.
- Guilt over an affair you had with someone and infidelity is discovered.
- Feeling that something horrible will happen because of a decision you made.
- Fears about not following a diet and losing control over food.
- Fears about contracting some type of STD from a partner.
What does it mean to dream with rats running?
A variation of being chased is seeing rats running everywhere. You identify? This is what they could mean in your dream.
- Anxiety about being abandoned by friends or family.
- Deep fears about not being able to handle a life situation or event.
- A romantic partner who leaves you after discovering something unpleasant about your past.
- A subconscious belief that you are adopted, even though your family members assure you that it is not true.
- Losing your circle of support, such as friends or loved ones.
- Concerns about losing your job or a loss of income.
What do the colors mean when you dream of rats?
It may seem strange, but some people dream of different colored rats. There are many variations that exist, but here are some of the most important.
White Rats – Hope, Endurance, Strength, Spirituality, Resilience, and Life.
Black rats : Death, deception, betrayal, infidelity, evil, aggression, despair, illness and anxiety.
Brown Rats – Health issues, betrayal, weight issues, body image issues, feeling unattractive, and depression.
Red-eyed rats : Demons, the afterlife, bad luck, evil, financial worries about debt, worries about a child.
Rats with green eyes – good luck, happiness, friendship, spirituality, financial success, strong self-esteem.
What do the sizes mean in dreams with rats?
Fat Rat – Deep-seated anxiety around weight. Well kept secrets. Someone who lies to you about who they are. Envy of another person’s position in life.
Giant Rat : Concerns about being outdone, feeling cheated, or being taken advantage of. Body weight concerns.
Little Rat : Feels insignificant, small or invisible. Anxiety about being noticed. Concerns about your station in life.
Related Article: What does it mean to dream with lice?